- 2 pounds fresh plum tomatoespeeled, quartered lengthwise and seeded
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 200°. Arrange the tomato quarters in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle lightly with salt, white pepper and confectioners' sugar. Scatter the thyme leaves over the tomatoes and drizzle with the oil. Bake the tomatoes for about 1 hour, or until very soft. Turn the tomatoes, baste with their juices and bake for about 1 hour longer, or until meltingly tender. The tomatoes should remain moist and soft. Remove from the oven and let cool.
The cooled tomatoes can be refrigerated in their juices for up to 2 days.