- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 2 CUPS
Use these tomatoes in salads, on sandwiches, in pasta or anywhere you want a rich, pure tomato flavor.
- 2 pounds fresh plum tomatoespeeled, quartered lengthwise and seeded
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°. Arrange the tomato quarters in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle lightly with salt, white pepper and confectioners' sugar. Scatter the thyme leaves over the tomatoes and drizzle with the oil. Bake the tomatoes for about 1 hour, or until very soft. Turn the tomatoes, baste with their juices and bake for about 1 hour longer, or until meltingly tender. The tomatoes should remain moist and soft. Remove from the oven and let cool.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.