- 3 pounds small red-skinned potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Zest from 2 medium oranges, cut into fine julienne strips
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with cold water, add salt and bring to a boil over moderately high heat. Reduce the heat to moderately low and simmer until the potatoes are just tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Spread the potatoes in a large flameproof roasting pan, add the olive oil and stir well to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes, stirring often, until lightly browned and very tender.
- Meanwhile, bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add the orange zest and boil for 2 minutes, then drain and rinse with cold water. Drain on paper towels.
- Just before serving, set the roasting pan over moderate heat. Add the orange zest to the potatoes and cook, stirring often, until the zest is slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Make AheadThe boiled potatoes can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.