- 1 cup ancho chile powder
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Two 2-pound pork tenderloins, butterflied
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Black Olive Tapenade
- Charred Yellow Pepper Sauce
How to make this recipe
- Preheat oven to 400°. Combine the chile powder, paprika, garlic, and 1/3 cup of the olive oil in a bowl and mix well. 2. Season the pork tenderloins with salt and pepper. Spread a thin layer of the tapenade down the center, fold each side over the filling and tie with butcher's twine. Coat the outside of the tenderloins with the ancho chile paste.
- Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large sauté pan over moderately-high heat until almost smoking. Sear the pork on all sides. Transfer the tenderloins to a baking dish and roast until the outside is crusty and the meat is firm to the touch, about 10 minutes. Let the meat rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Spoon the Charred Yellow Pepper Sauce onto a serving platter and top with the pork slices.