Oven Fries with Herbs and Pecorino
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 4
Made with starchy baking potatoes—flavored with garlic, fresh herbs and Pecorino Romano cheese—and tossed with just a little extra-virgin olive oil, these fries emerge from the oven crisp and delicious.
Tips from the F&W Test Kitchen
More Delicious Potato Dishes
- 2 large baking potatoes, cut into 4-by-1/2-inch sticks
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced sage
- 1 teaspoon minced rosemary
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a large bowl, toss the potato sticks with the olive oil until evenly coated. Spread the potato sticks on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer and bake in the upper third of the oven, turning once or twice with a spatula, until they are golden and crispy, about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the minced garlic and herbs over the fries and toss well. Roast for about 5 minutes longer, until the herbs are fragrant and the garlic is lightly browned. Transfer the fries to a large bowl and toss with the grated Pecorino Romano. Season with salt and pepper and serve.