- SERVINGS: 20
This method saves the cook from having to stand over a hot frying pan, and makes cleanup a whole lot easier.
- 6 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 2 cups freshly grated Dry Jack or Parmesan cheese (8 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 quarts buttermilk
- Four 3 1/2-pound chickens, each cut into 8 pieces
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a medium bowl, toss the bread crumbs with the cheese, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Pour the buttermilk into a second bowl. Working in batches, soak the chicken in the buttermilk and then dredge in the seasoned crumbs. Arrange the chicken in the buttermilk and then dredge in the seasoned crumbs. Arrange the chicken on 4 large baking sheets and bake, 2 sheets at a time, for about 1 hour, or until golden and cooked though. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.