- SERVINGS: MAKES 24 HALVES
Drying plum tomatoes in the oven dramatically intensifies their flavor and sweetness.
- 12 large plum tomatoes (about 1 3/4 pounds), cored and halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped shallots
- 1 garlic clove, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the plum tomatoes with the olive oil, shallots, garlic and thyme and season generously with salt and pepper. Turn the tomatoes cut side up and roast them for about 3 1/2 hours, or until they are somewhat dry but still plump.
Make Ahead The tomatoes can be refrigerated in a single layer for 3 days.