- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Small pinch of saffron threads
- 2 cups Carolina Gold or Carolina extra-long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock or low-sodium broth
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large ovenproof saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onion, bay leaf and a generous pinch of salt and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened but not browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the lemon juice, coriander and saffron and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the rice and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the wine and simmer over moderately high heat until nearly absorbed, about 3 minutes. Stir in the stock and a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
Cover the saucepan and bake the rice for 20 minutes, until all of the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender. Let stand for 15 minutes; fluff with a fork and serve.