Osterei Eggplant and Cherry Tomatoes with Gorgonzola
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 6
Osterei eggplants look lovely in the garden because they resemble large eggs.
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3/4 pound Osterei eggplants, cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped basil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups Sungold cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 1 minute. Add the eggplants and 2 tablespoons of the basil and season with salt and pepper. Cook over moderately high heat until browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Cover and cook over very low heat, stirring, until the eggplants are tender, about 3 minutes longer. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the vinegar with the remaining 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the eggplants, tomatoes, cheese and the remaining basil, season with salt and pepper, toss and serve.