- 1 pound orzo
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups marinated bocconcini, quartered, plus 1/2 cup of the marinating oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces baby spinach
How to make this recipe
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the orzo until al dente. Drain and cool under running water. Shake out any excess water.
- In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar with the mayonnaise. Add the marinating oil from the bocconcini and whisk until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the orzo, tomatoes, olives, scallions and bocconcini and let stand for 30 minutes. Just before serving, fold in the spinach and serve.
The pasta salad can be refrigerated overnight.