Orzo Pilaf with Tomatoes and Basil
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Diced tomato
- Chopped basil
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onion and cook over moderately high heat until tender, about 4 minutes. Add the orzo and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Add the chicken broth and 1 teaspoon of salt and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over low heat until the orzo is tender, about 18 minutes. Fold in diced tomato and chopped basil, season with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.