Orecchiette with Salmon, Arugula and Artichokes
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
The great thing about this tasty pasta is that by combining marinated artichokes, olives and capers, you develop a dressing-like combination to flavor the dish.
- 8 ounces orecchiette
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 1/2 cup drained marinated artichokes, quartered
- 1/4 cup pitted Sicilian green olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 3/4 pound roast salmon, flaked (2 loose cups)
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook over high heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the pasta and 1/4 cup of the cooking water and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the arugula, artichokes, olives, capers and the remaining 1/4 cup of cooking water and simmer, stirring, until the pasta is coated in a creamy sauce, about 1 minute. Stir in the salmon and cook just until heated through. Season lightly with salt and serve.
A pasta with so many green-vegetable flavors requires a wine with bright acidity. A citrusy Grüner Veltliner acts like a nice spritz of lemon.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.