Orecchiette with Ricotta, Basil and Tomatoes
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 pound orecchiette
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (about 1/2 pound), preferably fresh
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, smashed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds large tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the orecchiette, stirring occasionally, until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a mini food processor, combine the ricotta with half of the basil, the garlic and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and puree until smooth. Add the remaining basil and pulse just until chopped.
- In a bowl, toss the tomatoes with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil; season with salt and pepper. Drain the pasta and add it to the tomatoes. Stir in the basil ricotta and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.