- 1/2 pound orecchiette or farfalle
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add salt and then the orecchiette and cook, stirring often, until al dente, about 11 minutes. Drain and return the pasta to the saucepan.
Meanwhile, in a small nonreactive saucepan, melt the butter in the lemon juice and cream over moderately low heat. Reduce the heat to very low, and cook until the cream is barely simmering, about 10 minutes.
Just before serving, stir the sauce into the pasta. Add the Parmesan, chives, and lemon zest, season with salt and pepper, and toss.