- 2 pounds broccoli rabe, thick stems discarded
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups orecchiette
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, trimmed of all visible fat and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3/4 cup low-sodium nonfat chicken broth
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, blanch the broccoli rabe for 3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl of ice water and let cool. Drain well and coarsely chop.
- Season the chicken with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. In a large, deep skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil until shimmering. Add half the chicken and cook over moderately high heat until deep brown all over, about 8 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate and repeat with another tablespoon of olive oil and the remaining chicken.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the orecchiette until al dente. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil in the skillet. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until the garlic is golden. Add the chicken broth and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Return the chicken to the pan and cook until the broth is reduced by two-thirds, about 5 minutes. Add the broccoli rabe and cook until heated through, 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, drain the pasta. Add it to the chicken and broccoli rabe and toss well. Transfer to warmed plates, sprinkle with the Parmesan and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.