- 1 pound orecchiette
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces thickly sliced pancetta, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed (about 5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino-Romano cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
How to make this recipe
Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
Melt the butter in a large, deep skillet. Add the pancetta and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until just beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and jalapeño and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the peas and toss to coat. Add the pasta along with the reserved pasta water and the cheese. Season generously with pepper and cook over moderately high heat until the sauce is thick and creamy, about 2 minutes. Stir in the chives, parsley and mint and serve right away.