- 1/2 pound orecchiette pasta
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 5 ounces Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 pound broccolini, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup pasta water for sauce
- 2 ounces grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, about 1/2 cup
How to make this recipe
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook, stirring once or twice until al dente, about 7-8 minutes. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water and set aside.
Add the milk, mascarpone, and Gorgonzola cheese to a heavy bottomed saucepan, season with salt and pepper, and bring to a gentle simmer, stirring until the cheese melts, about 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and sun-dried tomatoes and cook until the garlic is soft and lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add the broccolini, season with chili flakes and cook until bright green and tender, about 4 minutes.
Add the pasta in with the broccolini. Pour the reserved cooking water and warm Gorgonzola sauce into the pan and toss well to coat. Heat for about 4 minutes, then add in the parmesan cheese and stir to combine. Season the pasta with salt and pepper to taste, transfer to plates and serve right away.