- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- One 14-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice plus zest from 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound broccolini, ends trimmed
- 2 ounces freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
How to make this recipe
Heat a large skillet over medium-heat; add the olive oil and then stir in the garlic. Cook for 1 minute until soft and lightly browned.
Add the crushed tomatoes, orange juice, chili flakes and salt to the pan and bring to a boil, about 3 minutes. Lower the heat to a simmer and add the broccolini spears, cook until tender and bright green, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the orange zest, parmesan, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and drizzle lightly with olive oil before serving.