- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons minced rosemary
- 1/2 cup shelled roasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Fig chutney or jam and plain yogurt, for serving
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375° and position 2 racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour with the sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt with the orange juice, butter, orange zest and rosemary. Add the yogurt mixture to the dry ingredients and stir just until evenly moistened. Fold in the pistachios.
- Using a 1/4-cup measure, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake the scones for about 16 minutes, or until golden on top. Serve warm or at room temperature with the fig chutney and yogurt.
The scones can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Rewarm in a 325° oven.
Published January 2004