- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Steamed rice, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a saucepan, bring the orange juice, sugar and soy sauce to a boil. Simmer over moderately high heat until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 20 minutes. Stir in the zest.
In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Cook half of the shrimp over moderate heat, turning once, until white throughout, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a plate. Repeat with the remaining olive oil and shrimp. Return all of the shrimp to the skillet, add the orange glaze, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Transfer the shrimp to a platter, garnish with parsley and serve with rice.
Floral, zesty Argentinean white, such as a Torrontes.