- Unsalted butter, for greasing
- 2 cups self-rising flour, plus more for dusting
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line the bottom of a 10-inch cake pan with parchment paper. Butter the paper and the side of the pan and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the eggs with the granulated sugar, orange zest and salt. In a medium bowl, combine the orange juice and olive oil. At low speed, gradually beat the orange juice mixture into the egg mixture. Beat in the 2 cups of flour in 3 additions until a smooth batter forms.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the cake is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool completely; unmold and discard the paper. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve.
The cake can be stored in an airtight container for 2 days; dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.