© Hector Sanchez
- TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 1/2 cup
Sean Paxton, founder of vinaigrette, which he makes with an India Pale Ale, shows beer's lighter side.
More Salad Dressing Recipes
- 3 ounces Indian Pale Ale
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk the beer with the shallot, orange zest, honey and mustard. Gradually add the oil in a thin stream, whisking constantly. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper and serve.
Make AheadThe vinaigrette can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Serve WithChicory, radicchio, arugula, pecans and orange segments.