- 1 large Spanish or Bermuda onion (1 pound), halved lengthwise and thinly
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
How to make this recipe
In a medium bowl, toss the onion slices with the salt and let stand for 20 minutes. Rinse the onion in 2 changes of cold water and pat dry.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, pomegranate syrup, sugar and cayenne. Add the onion and mint and toss well. Transfer the salad to a plate and garnish with the pomegranate seeds.