Onion Mustard Sauce
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 1 1/4 CUPS
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup whole-grain mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine the onion and white wine and simmer over moderate heat until the wine is reduced to 1 tablespoon, about 5 minutes. Add the heavy cream and bring to a boil. Transfer the mixture to a blender and puree. With the machine on low speed, add the butter, 1 piece at a time, until the sauce is smooth.
- Scrape the onion sauce into a small saucepan and stir in the mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Rewarm the sauce over low heat, stirring constantly. Serve the sauce warm.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.