Omelet with Pressed Caviar and Sour Cream
- TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: 1
- 3 tablespoons pressed caviar (3 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Roll out the caviar between two sheets of plastic wrap to a 5-by-8-inch rectangle 1/8 inch thick. Cut half of it into 1/2-inch strips. Finely dice the remaining caviar and transfer to a small bowl. Stir in the sour cream and all but a pinch of the chives.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs until frothy and season with salt and pepper. In a 6-inch nonstick skillet, melt the butter over high heat until the foam subsides. Add the eggs and stir constantly with a heatproof rubber spatula, while shaking the skillet, until the eggs are set but still moist.
- Off the heat, dollop the sour cream mixture across the center of the eggs. Shake the skillet to loosen the omelet, then fold one-third of the eggs over the filling. Tilt the skillet and turn the omelet onto a plate, folding it over itself as you tilt. Garnish with the caviar strips, sprinkle with the remaining chives and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.