- 36 large Sicilian olives (about 1 pound)
- 36 salted roasted whole almonds
- 9 oil-packed anchovy fillets, each cut lengthwise into 4 thin strips
- 4 large piquillo peppers from a jar, drained, each cut lengthwise into 9 thin strips
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
How to make this recipe
With the side of a large chef's knife, lightly crush each of the olives and remove the pits, keeping the olives as intact as possible. Stuff 1 almond, 1 anchovy strip and 1 piquillo strip into each olive. Place the stuffed olives on a platter.
In a bowl, stir together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic and orange zest. Pour over the olives and marinate at room temperature for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.