Olive Tapenade Toasts
- SERVINGS: MAKES 8 HORS D'OEUVRES
Use the leftover tapenade as a garnish for roasted chicken.
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Niçoise olives (4 ounces), pitted
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 Crostini Toasts
- In a small bowl, cover the anchovy fillets with the milk and let soak for 30 minutes. Drain the anchovies and add them to a food processor along with the olives and mustard. Process to a paste. With the machine on, slowly pour in the olive oil to make a smooth puree. Top each Crostini Toast with a heaping teaspoon of tapenade.