- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 6-cup muffin pan.
- In a small frying pan over medium heat, toast the pine nuts until light golden brown and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Combine the sugar, olive oil, eggs, and yogurt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together until smooth and then add the dry ingredients and pine nuts to the bowl. Gently mix until fully incorporated.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared paper cup liners. Scatter the tops with a few toasted pine nuts and gently press them into place. Bake for 20 minutes, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the muffins cool briefly in the pan, and then place them on a cooling rack.