- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray a 10-inch cake pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper. In a bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and powder. In another bowl, whisk the olive oil, milk, eggs, orange zest and Grand Marnier. Add the dry ingredients; whisk until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour, until the top is golden and a cake tester comes out clean. Transfer the cake to a rack and let cool for 30 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the pan, invert the cake onto the rack and let cool completely, 2 hours.
- In a bowl, toss the blackberries, sugar, oil and zest. Let stand, tossing occasionally, until the sugar dissolves and the berries release some of their juices, about 30 minutes.
- Cut the cake into wedges. Transfer to plates, spoon the blackberries alongside and serve.