- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 325° and butter and flour a 10-cup bundt pan. In a bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar and orange zest at medium-high speed until smooth. Gradually beat in the olive oil until creamy, about 2 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk the cake flour with the baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture in 3 batches, beating on medium speed between additions.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the center of the oven for about 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then invert onto a rack. Let the cake cool completely before cutting into slices and serving.
The olive oil cake can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.