Olive Oil Bundt Cake
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 2 HRS 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 12
Frank Castronovo and Frank Falcinelli have been producing a fruity extra-virgin olive oil in Sicily for several years; they use it in their cooking and sell it at their restaurants. Executive chef Will Prunty created this cake to showcase the oil at the coffee shop Cafe Pedlar.
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 325° and butter and flour a 10-cup bundt pan. In a bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar and orange zest at medium-high speed until smooth. Gradually beat in the olive oil until creamy, about 2 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk the cake flour with the baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture in 3 batches, beating on medium speed between additions.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the center of the oven for about 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then invert onto a rack. Let the cake cool completely before cutting into slices and serving.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.