- TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 1 cup
Grace Parisi likes using a mix of brine- and oil-cured olives for a more complex pesto; her favorites are green Sicilian, Calamata, Cerignola and oil-cured Moroccan.
- 2 tablespoons tightly packed mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons small capers, drained
- 1 large garlic clove, smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup pitted mixed olives, such as Calamata and Cerignola
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a food processor, pulse the mint with the capers, garlic, lemon zest and crushed red pepper. With the machine on, add the olive oil in a thin stream. Add the olives and pulse until coarsely chopped. Season the pesto with pepper.
Master Sauce recipe adapted from Get Saucy, by Grace Parisi, copyright ©2005, with permission from Harvard Common Press, 535 Albany St., Boston, MA 02118.Serve With Olive-Mint Pesto Meatballs with Fettuccine.