- Four 1/2-inch-thick slices from a sourdough boule
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing or drizzling
- 3/4 cup pitted oil-cured black olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded oil-packed Calabrian chiles or other hot chiles
- One 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Torn mint, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush or drizzle the bread with olive oil and grill over moderate heat, turning once, until lightly charred, 1 to 2 minutes total. Transfer to a work surface to cool slightly, then cut each slice into thirds.
- In a medium bowl, mix the olives with the vinegar, chiles and the 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of olive oil; season lightly with salt and gently mix in the beans. Spoon the bean-and-olive topping on the crostini, garnish with mint and serve.
Serve this easy appetizer with a fruit-forward sparkling rose.