Olive-Caper Tapenade with Fresh Mint
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 2/3 CUP
You can make this slightly spicy tapenade with both oil-cured and brine-cured olives; just be sure to use large ones, which are easier to pit. Serve with: grilled steak, chicken, scallops or firm-fleshed white fish, or on burgers.
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup assorted olives (about 5 ounces), pitted
- In a food processor, pulse the parsley, mint, oil, capers and crushed red pepper until finely chopped. Add the olives and pulse until finely chopped but not pureed.
Make Ahead The tapenade can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Let return to room temperature before serving. Serve With Grilled steak, chicken, scallops or firm-fleshed white fish or on burgers.