Olive Bagna Cauda
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 1 cup
Bagna cauda is a warm olive oil dip from Northern Italy that’s normally made with plenty of anchovies. Richard Landau’s vegan version gets its rich flavor from oil-cured olives.
- 4 ounces oil-cured black olives, pitted (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a food processor, pulse all of the ingredients until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and cook over moderate heat just until the oil begins to separate, 5 minutes. Scrape the dip into a bowl and serve warm.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.