- 1/2 pound oil-cured black olives, pitted (1 3/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 baguette, sliced 1/2 inch thick and toasted
- In a food processor, combine the olives with the orange juice, olive oil, fennel seeds and orange zest and process to a coarse paste. Scrape into a bowl and season with salt. Spread each toast with 1 teaspoon of pesto and serve.
Make AheadThe pesto can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.