- Olive oil cooking spray
- Eight 1/4-inch-thick baguette slices
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- Boiling water
- 1/2 cup pitted Calamata olives (about 5 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil spray. Arrange the baguette slices on the baking sheet, lightly coat with olive oil spray and bake for about 7 minutes, or until the toasts are golden and crisp. Let cool completely on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, soak the sun-dried tomatoes in the boiling water until plump, about 10 minutes; drain well. In a mini-processor, combine the sun-dried tomatoes with the olives, basil, olive oil and garlic and pulse until finely chopped but not pureed. Transfer to a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Spread each crouton with 1 tablespoon of the olivata mixture and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.