© Tina Rupp
Old Irish Cure
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: Makes 1 drink
According to the Irish-born Sean Muldoon, Irish people often drink whiskey mixed with ginger, honey and lemon to treat colds. This is a version of that potion. "With a bit of hot water," he says, "it becomes a terrific toddy."
- 1 1/3 ounces Irish whiskey, preferably Jameson
- 1/3 ounce dark rum
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Calvados
- 1/3 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 ounce cane syrup or Rich Simple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon honey mixed with 1/2 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ginger Juice
- Dash of Angostura bitters
- 1 thin apple slice, for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the apple slice garnish and shake well. Strain the drink into a chilled coupe and garnish with the apple slice.