© John Kernick
Oil-Cured Olive-and-Anchovy Sauce
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 1 1/4 cups
This quick and delicious sauce—made with anchovies, capers, lemon and parsley—is perfect on fish, but also great on grilled chicken, steak and vegetables.
Slideshows: Cooking with Olives
- 6 ounces oil-cured olives, pitted and chopped
- 6 anchovies, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- On a work surface, combine the olives, anchovies, capers and lemon zest and finely chop. Scrape the mixture into a bowl and stir in the lemon juice, parsley and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Make Ahead The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.