- 8 small shallots, quartered
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes (8 ounces)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup pumpernickel bread cubes (1/2-inch)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 romaine hearts, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch ribbons
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a medium baking dish, toss the shallots with the tomatoes and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 45 minutes, until tender and lightly browned. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, spread the pumpernickel cubes in a pie plate and toast for about 10 minutes, until crisp. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil with the mayonnaise, sherry vinegar and mustard and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the shallots and tomatoes, toasted pumpernickel croutons and romaine with the dressing until coated. Add the goat cheese and toss gently. Mound the salad on plates and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.