- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups plain granola
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) chilled unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 pound blackberries
- 3/4 pound blueberries
- 3/4 pound raspberries
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Devonshire cream, vanilla ice cream or lightly whipped cream, for serving
- MAKE THE FILLING Preheat the oven to 400°. In a food processor, combine the flour with the oats, granola and sugar and pulse until coarsely ground. Add the chilled butter and pulse until the mixture resembles fine meal.
- MAKE THE FILLING In a large bowl, toss the sugar with the lemon zest, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg. Add the blackberries, blueberries and raspberries and toss well. Carefully spread the berries in a 9-by-13-inch glass or ceramic baking dish and dot with the butter. Spoon the crumble topping over the berries and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is browned. Let the crumble cool slightly and serve warm with the Devonshire Cream.
The berry crumble can be made up to 4 hours ahead. Reheat gently before serving.