Oatmeal with Pineapple and Golden Raisins
- SERVINGS: 6
- 5 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups steel-cut oats (1/2 pound)
- 1 cup finely diced fresh pineapple (7 ounces)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- Bring the water to a boil in a large, heavy saucepan. Stir in the oats and remove from the heat. Cover and let stand at room temperature until softened, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 2. Add the pineapple, raisins and butter to the oats and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the oatmeal is thick and the oats are tender, about 12 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the brown sugar and buttermilk and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.