- ACTIVE: 45 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes about 5 dozen cookies
Gianduja is a delicious blend of hazelnut paste and chocolate and is available at specialty food stores.
- 3 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats, finely ground in a food processor
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 sticks (12 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 pounds milk chocolate gianduja, cut into 1/3-inch pieces or 4 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Line 5 large baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk the ground rolled oats with the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat the butter until creamy. Beat in the brown sugar, granulated sugar and corn syrup until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well between additions. Add the vanilla extract. Beat in the dry ingredients at low speed. With a wooden spoon, stir in the gianduja.
- Spoon 2-tablespoon-size mounds of the cookie dough 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake 1 sheet of the cookies in the lower third of the oven and 1 in the upper third for 14 to 16 minutes, or until the cookies are browned around the edges and the tops are lightly cracked; shift the baking sheets from top to bottom and front to back halfway through. Slide the parchment paper off the baking sheets onto wire racks. Let the cookies cool. Repeat with the remaining cookies.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.