Oak Leaf Lettuce Salad with Cabrales and Red Grapes
- SERVINGS: 8
Any pungent blue cheese, such as Roquefort or Gorgonzola, can be substituted for the Spanish Cabrales cheese called for here.
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Shallot Confit, plus 5 tablespoons of the reserved shallot oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound red and green oak leaf lettuce (about 16 cups)
- 6 ounces Cabrales cheese, crumbled (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the pine nuts in a metal pie plate and bake for about 8 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Transfer to a plate and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar with the shallot confit, honey and salt. Slowly whisk in the shallot oil until the dressing is emulsified. Add the lettuce, cheese and grapes and toss to coat. Season the salad with salt and pepper, sprinkle with the pine nuts and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.