- 1 pound old-fashioned rolled oats (4 cups)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/3 cup raw pepitas (hulled pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds
- 1 cup dried cherries (4 ounces)
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped (5 ounces)
- Plain Greek yogurt, for serving
- 1 1/2 pounds strawberries, hulled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
How to make this recipe
- Make the Granola Preheat the oven to 325°. In a bowl, toss the oats, butter, honey, salt and cinnamon until evenly coated. Spread the oats on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once or twice, until just starting to brown. Add the coconut, almonds, walnuts, pepitas and flaxseeds and mix well. Bake for 25 minutes longer, stirring, until the granola is golden brown and nearly dry. Remove from the oven and toss in the dried cherries and apricots. Let the granola cool completely on the baking sheet, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, Make the Compote In a medium saucepan, combine all of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the strawberries soften, 8 minutes. Uncover and simmer over moderately low heat, stirring, until the compote is syrupy, 10 minutes. Let cool completely, then refrigerate until chilled, 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Make the Compote To serve, spoon some yogurt and granola into bowls and top with the strawberry compote.
he granola can be stored in an airtight container; the compote can be refrigerated; both will keep for 1 week.