Nutty Brown-Rice Tabbouleh
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10
- 2 cups short-grain brown rice
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups chopped parsley
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped mint
- 1/4 cup salted toasted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a saucepan, bring the rice and 1 quart of water to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat for 50 minutes, or until the rice is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork.
- In a bowl, cover the apricots with hot water. Let stand for 10 minutes. Drain and chop.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the almonds and pine nuts on a baking sheet and toast until golden, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil with the lemon juice. Add the rice, apricots, almonds, pine nuts, parsley, cilantro, mint, sunflower seeds and tomatoes to the dressing. Toss well, season with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.