© Lucy Schaeffer
Nut-Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN Plus 20 min chilling time
- SERVINGS: About 20 cookies
The secret to these perfectly chewy cookies is chilling the dough for 20 minutes. This firms the dough, making it easier to scoop out and less likely to spread during baking.
Slideshow: Great Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chunky unsweetened hazelnut or almond butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla, followed by the nut butter. Beat in the dry ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of dough onto 2 ungreased cookie sheets. Bake in the lower and upper thirds of the oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden; shift the sheets halfway through baking. Let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks.