- 2 large garlic cloves, halved
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fish sauce (nuoc mam)
- 1/4 cup plus tablespoon fresh lime juice
How to make this recipe
- In a mortar on mini-chopper, pulverize the garlic with the red pepper. Add the sugar and pound to a glossy paste. Pour into a bowl and stir in the fish sauce, lime juice and /4 cup of water.
The Nuoc Cham can be refrigerated for up to 5 days. Let return to room temperature before serving.