- 1 tablespoon Sichuan peppercorns
- 2 dried red chiles, stemmed
- 2 cups salted roasted Spanish peanuts
- 1 cup salted roasted cashews
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Asian chile oil
- In a spice grinder, finely grind the Sichuan peppercorns with the chiles. Transfer the spices to a medium bowl and add the peanuts, cashews, fish sauce, ginger, onion and garlic powder, sugar, vegetable oil and chile oil. Stir to combine, then transfer to a large skillet and cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until the nuts are toasted and fragrant, about 4 minutes. Spread the nuts on a baking sheet to cool before serving.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.