Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Slow-poaching the chicken breasts keeps them extra moist.
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 2 medium celery ribs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 12 slices grainy whole wheat bread, lightly toasted
- In a large saucepan, cover the chicken breasts with water. Bring to a very slow simmer and cook over low heat until white throughout, about 18 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate and let stand until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes. Cut the chicken into 1/2-inch dice.
- In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the mustard and season with salt and pepper. Fold in the onion, celery, parsley and chicken until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Spoon the chicken onto 6 slices of the toast. Top with the lettuce and tomato, close the sandwiches and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.