Goat Cheese and Caramelized Apple Toasts
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Grace Parisi's sweet and savory toasts are perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack.<
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 slices white bread
- Coarse sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the pecans in a pie plate and toast for 10 minutes, until golden and fragrant. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
- In a medium bowl, mash the goat cheese with the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar. Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet. Add the apples and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes. Add the granulated sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, until the apples are caramelized and tender, about 5 minutes longer. Stir in the water and transfer the apples to a plate.
- Preheat the broiler and position a rack 8 inches from the heat. Arrange the bread on a baking sheet and brush both sides with the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Broil the bread, turning once, until golden and toasted, about 4 minutes.
- Spread the goat cheese mixture on the toast and spoon the apples on top. Sprinkle very lightly with coarse salt. Cut each toast in half diagonally and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.